Saturday, February 25, 2017

Thingamadoodle with a warm noodle

Still staying on track with my cook book I bought. The girls and I decided on Warm Noodle Salad this week. As usual I couldn't find all the ingredients so we had to make use of what we could find. I couldn't find baby corn anywhere so we just didn't add any. Also it asked for Chinese egg noodles... couldnt find them so we just grabbed other kinds of egg noodles.

here is the recipe from the book :




If the recipes is hard to read then let me know. I keep trying to make it more visible. I might have to end up typing it all out if this isn't good enough


Lately I might get one or two of my daughters helping and the one not helping ends up hypnotized by the TV. But today they all helped and we had fun. Overall the recipe was very simple and takes only a few minutes to make.

Here is our adventure:

My oldest carefully chopping up the cucumbers

the peanut butter sauce mixture is complete and waiting

The wonderful bean sprouts waiting for their turn... yummy

bubble bubble...My camera did some wacky thing and heat looks awesome!

Noodles and bean sprouts all cooked and waiting for the veggies to be ready...forgot to get a veggie pic... just imagine them boiling as well
All finished and ready for my babies to try it. Looks awesome!!!!!!!....(ill be patting myself on the back)

The end result looked awesome and I really didn't expect it to looks so nice on my first attempt. I guess that's what happens when we all pull together and help out.

Rating time!!
My girls rating: 3/3 at first didn't like how the sauce tasted. I tried it and you could really taste the vinegar. So I added more peanut butter and they loved it. My two youngest liked it even better after I added some butter to it. My youngest took along time to eat but she still ate... most of it.

My rating: I loved it. The taste was fantastic and I would have never thought of making a peanut butter mixture like that... I highly recommend it

My Dad's rating: He thought it was pretty good and had alittle more after he finished his small bowl. I think he just liked it because it had noodles 

One thing I love about my weekly cooking with my daughters is that with my work schedule it sometimes takes away from time with my kids. So these little cooking projects have been a great way for us to spend some uninterrupted time together. And that is way better than any recipe could ever be. I guess you could say that every time we cook... there is a little bit of love in each recipe. 






No comments:

Post a Comment