Saturday, February 11, 2017

Pie double feature!!!

So last weekend my children and I made Key Lime pie. I wanted to post my blog about it but I still cant get pictures to work on my phone app. And Im still running around alot for work and for unpacking so I didnt have a chance. So todays blog will be a double feature. First the Key Lime Pie using this recipe: Key Lime goodness right here

I really enjoy making this because its delicious and very easy.

Here was that advenure:

Zest from the limes always makes the house smell so good


My two oldest mixing all the ingredients together
The Pie in the oven and then chilling waiting to be eaten at the Superbowl party

We had several people eat the pies (they didnt last long) and as far as I could tell they all really enjoyed them. So I think this will be my signature party dish for now on...its so good!!!

AS for the second recipe of this post, I found a really nice book at a dollar store that had alot of great recipes in it so of course I had to buy it. Out of all the recipes in the book my children wanted to try the Chicken Pie with Sweet Potato Topping. Ill be posting the recipe in the blog for everyone to see.

Here was our adventure:








The cutting of the Leek took awhile. From the moment we bought it my Oldest and I would making jokes such as "There's a leek in the cart" and "There's a leek in the car" and so on and so forth

















Got the chicken, leek, and onions all cooked and put into the container
















My oldest mashing up some sweet potatoes

















Her younger sister wanted to help











About to hop in the oven




All done and it smells delicious

Its always fun sharing some time with my kids. I hope They never grow tired of our cooking days

Rating time!!!!!!!!!!!!
Girls rating: They all thought it was ok. One liked the chicken the best, one liked the sweet potato topping the best, and one said she hated eat but ate it anyway

My rating: I thought it was yummy. I ate a couple bowls of it and I wouldnt mind making it again
My dads rating: He thought it was yummy as well but next time I should cut back on the sweet potato because it overpowered the chicken.

Has anyone tried any of these recipes I have posted? If so tell me what you think. 


No comments:

Post a Comment