Monday, February 20, 2017

Fritter me this Batman

This weeks recipe was Sweet corn Fritters. It was chosen from my cook book I bought two weeks about that is full of recipes. We screwed up a little and ended up grabbing a can of creme corn instead of regular sweet corn,,, but when life give you lemons you make lemonade and when you accidentally buy creme corn you make... Sweet creme corn fritters? Sure, lets go with that.

The recipe was in a book so I will just post the recipe in the pictures.

Here was our adventure:


It can be hard to read. If someone wants a better picture then just comment on here or if you know me on other social media then message me on there

I didn't get a pic of my oldest doing the cutting but here are the onions she cut cooking on the stove
This is the onions, garlic, coriander, red pepper, and eggs all mixed up (the black stuff is some burnt onions...I never said I was good at this)
After Adding the flour and baking powder I started scooping the fritters onto the pan.

Here are the finished products. I didnt get a chance to take a pic of them while they were plated because I kept getting distracted....and hungry.

This wasn't my best work (cooking or blogging) but I also never claimed to be good at either. 


Rating time!!!
My girls: 3/3 loved it. Even with the mix up with creme corn they still enjoyed it. They also tried different condiments to see of anything would add to it. Looks like they are getting curious with cooking and food...I wonder where they got that from?
My Rating: I really thought they were yummy. Im definitely keeping that recipe
My dads rating: He said it was "Pretty good" if I remember his words right. And that translates to "I really liked them" ...or that's what I took it as.



Soon Ill be starting to add more than just cooking to this blog. My plan was to make this blog have to do with alot of different aspect of being a single father. I think this week ill try to practice doing some hair styles with my daughters. I want to be able to help them in several aspects of life and starting small with their hair might be helpful. I might practice with their hair before the Father/Daughter dance at their school. Wish me luck


If there is something you think I should try or have any advice then please leave it in the comments or email me at Heroes617@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment