Saturday, April 8, 2017

Veggies are delicious in so many ways

Ive been enjoying this cooking time with my kids so much for many reasons. One of the things that makes it fun is the challenge and having that challenge pay off in the end. I like recipes that make me try new seasoning and new ingredients. This recipe is no different. I had my kids choose the recipe to make like i do every week. They chose Roasted mixed vegetables with garlic and herb sauce.

Here is the recipe:

























This recipe was different because it asks for rosemary and thyme sprigs. Ive never used those before but was excited to try.

Here is our adventure:

My oldest doing her usual favorite thing...cutting veggies

and now she has an audience

Parsnips...thats another new ingredient for us



Some potato prepping

Starting to add the veggies to the pot

Almost there. All the veggies my oldest chopped are in the oven to cook

This was the only herb and garlic cheese we could find so the kids got to unwrap them hahaha

Cheese and milk mixture cooking on the stove while the veggies cook in the oven. The rosemary made the house smell so amazing while cooking

Here is my finished product.I didn't have any fancy dishes for the sauce so I used a soup cup. 


The food smelled so amazing that we couldn't wait to dig in. It tasted just as good as it smelled and that was before I dipped the my food in the cheese sauce.

Rating time!!!!
My girls rating: 3/3 ate their food in record time. I've never seen them eat so fast in my life. So its safe to say that they approved of the recipe
My rating: I think I ate mine in record time too and went back for second. I highly recommend this dish for anyone. It takes about an hour to make and its even good enough for my picky kids
My dads rating: My father tried some too and he really liked it as well.

So there you have it. What are you waiting for? Make this for you and your family. It looks good, smells good, and its easy to make. And don't forget to share my blog with your friends who are trying to learn to cook or want some new recipes. When I started I was about as inexperienced as they come but now I'm learning more and more each week. Thank you all for reading.





No comments:

Post a Comment