Saturday, April 22, 2017

Chilling with some Chili when its Chilly

Last week we didn't do much cooking for Easter because our schedule was pretty full. So we made some key lime pies and took a break from posting to enjoy family and friends.

But this week we are back in the game with some new recipes to choose from. I bought two more cook books to choose recipes from and let my kids find what they wanted. This week is special because my meat hating oldest child chose a recipe that used beef. I had to check with her several times to make sure she understood that it had meat in it. She chose Smokey Chili with Rotini pasta.... yes chili with pasta... its a thing

Also this week my sister was in town from down south with her husband and my nieces. So we had a little extra help in the kitchen this week.  

Here is the recipe:


As you see it has 3 easy steps and not a lot of ingredients so even for the unskilled chefs like me it isn't too hard

Here is our adventure:

My oldest showing off her skills with the knife again. Shes come a long way since we started

My middle child getting the pasta ready

So much meat and I cant wait for my kids to finally eat a recipe with meat

Cooking the beef and the onions


My middle child and my niece adding the beans and tomato soup after we strained the pasta into the sink

What the mixture looks like before noodlization (disclaimer: not a real word)

 Noodlized (also not a real word)


And finished product  covered in Parmesan cheese.


Overall it was a very simple recipe and I think I could have used less noodles in it. I added more since I had more people to feed but I'm thinking I should have used less.


Rating time!!
Girls rating: They didn't really like it as much as I hoped but they still slowly ate it including my non-meat eater 
My rating: The pasta was most of the taste and I think I should have put less in but overall I like it

Ill have many more recipes on the way the hardest part is always choosing which one to make next. 

I know I don't have alot of readers but if anyone has any recipes they want me to try then please let me know

Until next adventure!!







No comments:

Post a Comment