Saturday, July 1, 2017

Pan-braised Swordfish

This is a recipe I picked out and Ive been wanting to try it for weeks. My kids kept trying to find other things but I wanted them to open up more to all different kinds of foods and flavors.

So I picked Pan-braised sword Fish with Feta

Here is the recipe :

I couldn't find capers at the store and I didn't bother looking for golden raisins, but everything else was used for the recipe

This recipe is full of alot of great stuff and very few calories

And as you see its not too hard to make either. 


I also used Sunflower oil instead of canola oil because I have so much sunflower oil left over from other recipes.

Anyway, Here is our adventure:


As always my oldest cut up the garlic and the onion... the onion was so strong that it started raining outside...that's what I told my kids anyway

My middle child complained about the onion burning her eyes so we put goggles on her... then she was invincible.

My two oldest sprinkled on the salt and pepper to both sides of the swordfish steaks

Then it was time to start cooking... kept each steak on for around  2 minutes each side

Then put them off to the side until later

Got serious and started dual panning it to get it done fast and right.

After all was done I started to saute the onions and garlic for about 1 minute

Then added the veggie stock and red wine vinegar to the veggies

Then added the steaks followed by topping them with lemon

Afterwards I covered the pans and let simmer for about 5 mins

After they simmered plated all the steaks. Then I added the Feta and oregano to the veggie stock mixture and let it blend for alittle bit. I served the steaks with lemon on top and then poured the feta juice mixture over top of the steaks for some extra yummy goodness.


As you see it didn't take long to make the recipe. The girls had fun and I have a blast cooking something new and exciting

Rating time:
Girls: 3/3 liked it. My oldest liked soaking her steak in the Stock mixture for alittle bit before eating. My middle child didn't like the lemon on stop but wanted to just drink the stock mix. And my youngest liked everything and ate 3 steaks and two pieces of lemon 

Mine: I thought it was amazing. It was so juicy and full of flavor. I had two pieces and wish I would have made more

Sister: My sister is still in town and she walked in the house just as I had finished. She ate it up and said she really enjoyed it. Followed by trying to get me to be her personal chef  haha


The more I do this cooking project the more I fall in love with cooking. It keeps bringing some nice memories and I feel like I'm becoming more of a well rounded person as well. I'm not sure what my kids are getting from it but my oldest looks forward to it as much as I do.

This weekend is a nice long weekend for me so we are going to make more recipes later. One of the recipes we will be making is an old favorite. Its the first recipe the kids and I ever made together. Its the cucumber sandwiches. We are making it for a little cook out my family is having. Just in case you want something to make for your own family get together this 4th of July ... Here is the link to the recipe for Cucumber sandwiches.













No comments:

Post a Comment