Saturday, July 15, 2017

Curry Carrot Soup

Today's recipe was entirely the decision of my children. They dug through all the books and found this one and for once they didn't just pick by looking at the picture... and this one didn't even have a picture.

Today's recipe is Curry Carrot soup.

Here is the recipe:




As you can see, there isn't much to it and its low in everything but sodium. So I guess it's not too bad for you


Here is out adventure:

My oldest cut the onion up a different way that we watched on a youtube video to make nice little squares

I cut up the carrots with my new fancy knife

My oldest cutting up the Jalapenos 

After throwing the onions and mustard seeds in to saute for a few minutes we added the jalapenos, ginger, carrots, and curry powder and let they cook for a minute to release all the yummy smells

Meanwhile my middle child put on her apron to help

She then added 3 cups of chicken stock to the pot and we brought it to a boil then let simmer for 6 mins

Next I poured it all into the food processor and chopped it all up before pouring it back in the pot and added the rest of the chicken stock

After letting it heat up again my middle child added the lime juice



Immediately after that I served with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of lime zest.... I'm not sure how it's supposed to look but I think it looks great.


As you see it wasn't very time consuming yet it still comes out looking and smelling like on of those fancy restaurant soups.

Rating time!!!

Girls: 3/3 liked it and the sour great gave it a really good taste that they enjoyed
Mine: I thought it was great. It wasn't too spicy and the flavors were nice. I had 3 bowls of it
Dad: He tried some and I'm not sure if he liked it but he finished off the pot so couldn't have been to bad.... even though he's not a fan of spicy food

Do you have a recipe you want me to try out? Or maybe you'd like to make a guest appearance on my blog? Either way... Let me know!!










No comments:

Post a Comment