Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Strawberry Yumminess

For our final recipe this weekend we bring you one final treat. Something that can be used for all occasions. the recipe is Strawberry Cheesecake Bites. Here is the recipe CLICK ME! CLICK ME!


I didn't think about it but we could have made the recipe using food coloring to make the cheesecake filling blue and use white chocolate instead of regular semi-sweet chocolate for a yummy red, white, and blue treat

Anyway, Here was our adventure:

My oldest starts by cutting nice cone shaped holes out of the strawberries

Meanwhile I gather the other ingredients


I put the cream cheese and the powdered sugar into the bowl and add the vanilla. Then I mixed it up very well with a hand mixer

Afterwards I pull the filling I just made into a piping bag and filled all the holes that my oldest cut out. I was too messy from the piping bag that I couldn't take pics of the process.

Next I crunched up some graham crackers and let my kids dip the cheesecake filled side into the bowl containing the graham crackers to give them a yummy topping

While they did that I put the chocolate into a bowl and added the oil then microwaved it so it would melt into a nice yummy liquid. I used these chocolate chips because I already had them instead going out and buying the semi-sweet squares the recipe asked for

Then the girls dipped the strawberries in the chocolate and then I put them all into the fridge to chill before serving. After I removed them from the fridge and put them outside they didn't very long.



So there you have it. A nice quick yummy treat that can be used for any and all occasions. Maybe change things up with the filling and the chocolate to do different colors for each holiday. Maybe even make the cheesecake filling green and cover it in gingerbread crumbs instead for Christmas... the possibilities are amazing.

Rating time!!

Girls: 3/3 started eating some before they made it to the fridge for chilling and it was like fighting off a pack of hungry wolves to get them to stop eating the strawberries

Mine: Of course I thought they were amazing. Because anything with strawberries and chocolate would be! Plus using the same recipe and just altering it slightly for different occasions can be great.

Thus ends my three recipe weekend. I hope you all got some great ideas to use for your own festivities.  Now if you'll excuse me I want to do some firework fun with my kids. Happy Fourth of July everyone!!















1 comment: