Sunday, July 9, 2017

More Mahi... different result

My children really liked the Mahi Mahi we made a couple weeks ago so they wanted to try another Mahi Mahi recipe. (note: before we started cooking together my kids never wanted to eat any meat or fish)

Today's recipe was from my favorite cooking website Allrecipes.com.

Here is the recipe: Mahi Mahi Taco

Its a quick and easy recipe but it keeps you busy with no waiting around

My oldest cup up the ginger and the jalapenos while I did the Mango and the avocado .

I just used canned pineapple instead of  cutting my own to save some time

fish is thawed and we have all the other ingredients ready

added the salt, pepper, lime juice, cayenne pepper, cumin, and sour cream together


then whisked it up while the first couple fish were cooking on the stove.

sizzle sizzle

nice and cooked

while cooking the rest of the fish I combined the mango, pineapple, and avocado all together to make the salsa

Finally I put the cooked fish on a tortilla, topped it with salsa, and then drizzled on the sauce we made with the sour cream.



There you have it. A quick and easy recipe showing you another great use for Mahi mahi

Rating time!!

Girls: 3/3 liked it enough to eat a decent amount of taco for their tiny tummies. One of them didn't like the salsa, but the rest of them did and then all liked the sour cream sauce on the fish

Mine: I really liked it the whole process. The taco itself was an amazing combination of flavors with the salsa, sauce , and fish each having their own unique taste.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this recipe if you are feeling like having a quick fish meal with some real good flavor.









No comments:

Post a Comment