Monday, July 3, 2017

Victoria Sponge... Don't Mind If I Do

For the second recipe of my long holiday weekend , the girls and I decided to make a cake for the family and us to eat in celebration. The recipe we chose is Easy Victoria Sponge

Here's the recipe:



*Note: the last step says to keep it refrigerated for 4-5 days....I did not see that when we chose the recipe so we made the cake late last night and put it in the fridge overnight

It was an interesting recipe and due to the late time which we started making it I couldn't have my girls help too much because they needed to get to bed. Also I used bigger tins than it asked for so I adjusted the recipe so they could fill properly

Anyway, Here was our adventure:

 My oldest cracking the eggs

Mixed the flour, baking powder, eggs, butter, sugar,and vanilla

As you see the one mixture wasn't enough so I repeated the previous step for the second tin

Popped them in the oven.. the recipe said 25 mins but that wasn't enough for these big ones

Out of the oven and cooling in the tins

Then flopped them on to the wire rack to cool some more

I forgot to get pictures of me applying the raspberry jam and whipped cream. But I put the jam on one piece of cake and the whipped cream on the other and then sandwiched them together. Followed by sprinkling on some powdered sugar and red and blue sprinkles...because America!


Making the cake was real easy and quick but the baking in the oven and the cooling took along time.

The cake isn't being eaten until way later today but I cut the edges to make them more even and my sister, dad, and I ate some pieces right away.

Rating time!!!

Sister: she said "Mmmmmm fjagihafinaifno" which should translate to "mmmmmm this is exquisitely made and the flavors seem to dance on my tongue" .... atleast that's what I think she meant. And then she continued to almost eat all the ends I cut off

Dad: He thought it was great and wonders if the step about refrigerating it for 4 to 5 days makes it taste any better

Mine: I thought it turned out great and it had a fantastic flavor. I can't wait to eat more later.

My kids will be eating some later so they don't have a rating yet ...I'm sure they'll love it


I should have one more recipe coming your way if we get to it today. 

Has anyone tried to make any of the recipes I've made yet?








No comments:

Post a Comment