Sunday, July 30, 2017

There's a Leek in my bowl!!

This weeks recipes were chosen by my two oldest children. My middle child wanted to make buttermilk biscuits and my oldest chose Leek and potato soup




Both recipes are very easy and straight forward. One thing I changed about the soup recipe is I didn't know exactly what Creme Fraiche is but I googled it and it said it was like a sour cream... so I used sour cream instead


Here is our Adventure!!:

We started with the Biscuits first but if you are crunched for time then I'd say you can easily do the biscuits while the soup is cooking

Adding the flour first

Baking powder 

She let her youngest sister added the baking powder

Then she let her other sister do the sugar

Then mix together after I added the shortening

I had her flour the table to prep it for the fun part

Not sure what happened here but.... sure go ahead and play in the flour

I kneed the dough but I didn't get a picture of that since my hands were full. Here my middle child rolling out the dough

Shes just rollin rollin rollin

We used a cup to cut out perfect circles for each biscuit

Lined them up on the pan and popped them into the preheated oven

Then we started the soup while we waited. My oldest cut the leeks

And I cut up the potatoes... they aren't pretty but I'm ok with that

After I let the leeks saute in the pot we added in the stock

and potatoes... I added the sprigs of rosemary too

We let it cook until the veggies were tender. Then I removed the rosemary and I poured the soup into the food processor to chop up the veggies

Finally I poured it all back in and added the sour cream and parsley then mixed it up.

The biscuits were done before the soup but in no time at all I had this masterpiece


They both were very fun and very yummy recipes. The biscuits were done in a flash and the soup took awhile but didn't really seem like it.

Rating time!!!

Girls: 3/3 loved both. my oldest had two bowl and my other two polished off every drop of their soup

Mine: Extremely delicious. I had 3 bowls of soup and 4 biscuits haha. The two paired very well together. But don't just take my word for it. Try the recipes yourself. They are very simple and taste amazing


Let me know what you think about my recipes!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment