Monday, July 24, 2017

BBQ and Coleslaw

This week we decided to do two recipes. A main course and a side. This week we chose Barbeque baked chicken and Cole slaw

Here are the recipes:




And here is out adventure:

She said "this would be easier" and began grating the carrots

and I started cutting them up

Then we did the onion and the cabbage (I didn't get a pic of the cabbage)

Then I mixed together all the other ingredients that were veggies

then threw in the onions

Then we mixed the veggies in a bowl and poured in the sauce..my youngest looks so tiny

We mixed it all together and then put it in the fridge while we made the chicken

First we made the sauce.It was a mix between sweet and spicy sauce, mixed berry preserves (the girls wanted that instead of peach), and garlic powder


looks yummy

Then I coated the chicken in sauce...

more coating....

....and placed them on trays

popped the trays in the oven for 15 mins... rotated and basted them with more sauce.... then 15 more minutes


Finally I plated the finished products

So yummy looking


When all was said and done we sat together and ate a nice family meal. It was easy to make and the results were amazing


Rating time!!!

Girls: 3/3 liked the whole meal. They preferred the cole slaw over everything but they still liked the chicken

Mine: The sauce on the chicken was so good. The spicy flavor the BBQ sauce with the preserve flavor worked so good together

We are going to start trying out more and more combo meals since we are having so much fun cooking now. I hope you all enjoy seeing the process as much as we have enjoyed making the recipes. If you want to learn to cook then just do what I did. Start small and work your way up. I'm far from being a great chef but my children and I have come a long way. If you want to learn then why don't you start with my first recipe?







No comments:

Post a Comment