Saturday, June 10, 2017

Two recipes.. one yummy meal

Originally I was just going to stick with the Mahi Mahi recipe and leave it at that. But that recipe turned out to be too easy and quick that I decided we should also make a recipe for a side. So I snooped around the fridge and saw what I had to work with. I had alot of extra Asparagus so we went with a recipe involving that for the side. Im going to mix things up and show you the finished product first:

This is how mine turned out and I am so proud of my children and I.

Here are both recipes:




That is the recipe for the Mahi Mahi. Next is the Asparagus . I didnt have the exact ingredients so my kids and I had fun with using what we had

We didn't have the hazelnuts so we used Almonds and we didn't have lemon juice so we used Lime juice...still turned out great




Here is our adventure:

I chopped up the macadamia nuts maybe more than should have

Then we mixed all the ingredients (except the milk) on a plate together to use for the coating for the fish

We got the fish and dipped it in the milk and used that to get the coating to stick on the fish. Then place the mahi mahi on the tray a put it in the oven for 14 mins

While waiting we found the recipe for the Asparagus and started right away. I started steaming right away

After the Asparagus steamed we put it in a bowl and started adding the ingredients like the parsley

the Almonds (didn't have hazelnuts)

the lime juice (didn't have lemon juice). Also added the garlic but I didn't have a picture of that

I plated the Asparagus and shortly after the fish was ready. ***I made sure to check the pieces thoroughly that they were cooked all the way through***

And that's how I got this beautiful work of art right here as shown at the beginning .

They both were really easy recipes. It made it really exciting to do two recipes at once. Definitely will be doing multiple recipes again for future blogs.

Rating time!!
Girls: They thought it all tasted amazing. My oldest added a little salt to the Asparagus but liked everything else. There was nothing left afterwards but one lonely piece of fish.
Mine: Amazing taste and we cooked it just right. It was still nice and juicy when eating the fish.

I love doing this cooking time with the kids and it makes it that much better when the food comes out like this. You should give it a try!!








No comments:

Post a Comment