Saturday, June 3, 2017

A quick recipe for a busy day

So this week I wanted to make Mahi Mahi but plans changed. We decided since this was the first nice weekend in a long time... we were decided to go to a amusement park. So we changed the recipe to something quick and simple that we haven't tried. We decided to make Rotini with Chicken, asparagus,and tomatoes. But instead of Rotini we used elbow macaroni because we had a lot of that stocked up in our cabinets.

Here the recipe:




As you see it doesn't take much. to make. I think the longest process was cutting up the chicken

Here our adventure:
I cut up the chicken because I didn't want to risk anything letting my oldest cut it. I threw that on the skillet with cooking spray, salt , and pepper. I also started the water boiling before cutting so I could start boiling the noodles

Meanwhile my oldest cut up the asparagus and garlic

After the chicken was cooked I threw in the garlic, asparagus, and tomatoes and then posed for a photo op in my Daddy apron

I may have over did it alittle with the pasta but here is after I mixed  all the ingredients together. (except the goat cheese)

Finished product. I topped the bowl off with crumbled goat cheese....soooooo good



Even though it was a short recipe we still had fun with it. My youngest daughter kept running into the kitchen to grab some grape tomatoes and run back out while I was cooking. She loves tomatoes of every shape and size.

Rating time!!!!!
Girls: 3/3 loved it. The flavor really appealed to them and they ate most of it . And yes my oldest actually ate the chicken

Mine: I really like this recipe. Its a quick recipe you can do if you need to make something for dinner or for a pot luck but are crunched for time. And the flavor was awesome


I hope this recipe is helpful and next week I will try to make the Mahi Mahi if I can find some in the store. If not I also have a recipe for swordfish and I know where to get some of that.

Until next adventure!






No comments:

Post a Comment