Saturday, May 6, 2017

Cupcakes of the Galaxy

Sometimes things in life just line up in a perfect way. Take this weekend for example. Next week my middle child has a celebration in school to celebrate her birthday. So I wanted to do something related to that for our weekend recipe to kill two birds with one stone. But what to do? That is always the difficult part of any plan. Then I realized that the Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 was coming out this weekend and it hit me. Why not make galaxy cupcakes?... so that is what we did. It was a new level for our recipe making. We didn't just make the cupcakes but we also made the icing as well.

My mother used to bake all the time and she said she enjoyed doing it. She'd make cakes of all kinds. every shape and size you could imagine for every occasion you could imagine. And I can see why. It was alot of work but boy was it fun!

Here is the link to the recipe I used: Galaxy Cupcake


And here was our adventure:

Here is my two oldest adding the first of the ingredients

My Middle child then started prepping the cupcake pan

While my oldest and youngest team up to continue the batter process
Mixing things up

and more mixing

I used an ice cream scooper to fill the pan. It was so much easier than trying to pout it

Some of them came out alittle burnt but still looking good

Cupcakes all dressed to impress. I was having too much fun to remember to take pictures of the icing making.... just imagine the messiest mess three kids their dad could make trying to mix cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar together.


So much fun doing this. We started pretty early in the day and before we knew it hours had passed. We had time to finish two batches and relax for alittle bit before it was time to go out to the movies and see Guardians of the Galaxy. 

Rating time:
My girls: My two youngest said "mmmm hiashfisdfinsafbb" which I can only imagine means "mmmm This is so good". My oldest said that they were the perfect amount of chocolate

My rating: For the cupcakes I thought they were amazing. And the cream cheese icing brought the wholes thing together. For the movie: It was great. Alot of funny moments, alot of sad moments, and a lot of action. They really made a good sequel to continue the guardians story.

So for all those who dont feel like reading.

 TL;DR: We made cupcakes that were awesome, saw a movie that was also awesome, and made one heck of a lot of memories. 










No comments:

Post a Comment