Saturday, May 27, 2017

When life gives you corn...you make chowder

This week we decided to make some Corn chowder. Why? Because I gave my veggie loving daughter the cook book and said "Find something yummy we can make". It worked out nice because we already had corn and a bunch of other ingredients. We just needed a few things from the store.

*note to self: Try to avoid the grocery store on the weekend of a holiday


Here is the recipe:


 Im liking this nutritional chart this cook book adds in


Also a quick note before you go out buying this stuff. You might need to plan better than I did. I didn't realize that the recipe called for grilling the Pablano peppers and it wasnt exactly the best day to do grill outside do to the weather. 

Here is our adventure:


My oldest doing her favorite thing...chopping stuff


Such a goof

We added all the ingredients as the times came

saute.... such a fancy word





She always loves adding the stock
Simmering to perfection

Final product all yummy looking


Overall it was a very simple recipe as most of mine are. I have a plan to try to get my kids to pick a fish recipe next week and a separate recipe for a side to go with it... cant make any promises though.

I bought a bunch of stuff for cooking outside one of these nice weekends to change things up. So be ready for some outdoorsy recipes to come once this weather stops being so depressing on weekends.

Rating time!!!
Girls: 3/3 thought it was yummy and just added alittle extra salt and pepper.
Mine: I really liked it and I also added more salt and pepper. I ended up eating most of it myself.... dont judge me!!!

Remember this weekend to keep those in mind who paid the ultimate cost so we can live out lives the way we do. Memorial day isn't for those currently serving like myself for my fellow sailors and soldiers. Its for those who have fallen to give us our freedoms to make our dreams possible. 













No comments:

Post a Comment