Sunday, May 21, 2017

Getting them veggies daily and a bonus at the end

Last week we didn't do a recipe because we spent the weekend away from home so my kids could spend time with their mother on mothers day. But this week we decided to crack open another new cook book and give it a try. Its a very yummy veggie soup.

Here is the recipe:




This new book gives the nutrional info too... pretty neat

My kids had alot of fun making this one. Its not hard to make and there was plenty of steps my two youngest could help with


Here's our adventure:

My oldest doing her favorite part. She knows how to use a knife so boys beware haha


Time to saute the onions

My middle child adding the tomatoes (I didnt feel like peeling tomatoes myself)

My youngest adding Oregano and Cumin

Pouring in the veggie stock




She added the other veggies as the recipe called for them and then she struck a pose....future fashion model here

almost ready

 All done and ready to eat.... looks so GOOOOD!!!



We had lots of fun making this one. Everyone helped out and it was such a happy moment. I think one thing that makes it the most fun is seeing all the ingredients come together and seeing the finished product. Then enjoying the result of the whole things. Cooking is so much fun

Rating time!!!
My girls: 1/3 actually ate it. My middle child has had an upset tummy and didn't want to eat. My youngest kept snacking and was too full. But my oldest at it and she said it was really good

My rating: I thought it was absolutely delicious and I had three bowls haha. Defintely a recipe worth keeping


BONUS ADVENTURE!!!!
My dad made a statement about needing to use up his old bananas. So I immediately took to the internet to find uses for old bananas. I was thinking about Banana bread but wanted to be different. And then I stumbled upon a page that had many uses for old bananas and I picked a simple and sweet recipe for Banana milkshakes.

For two Large glasses it requires:
3 Bananas (placed in bag and put in freezer until frozen)
3 scoops of ice cream
1/2cup milk
4 drops vanilla essence
1 sprinkle of cinnamon

1. You place the Banana, ice cream, milk, and vanilla in a blender and blend it together 
2. pour into a glass and sprinkle the cinnamon on top
3. enjoy

Very simple and very very very delicious use for old bananas.

I hope you enjoyed this weeks entry. 

As always if you have a recipe you want me and my kids to try then don't hesitate to let me know









No comments:

Post a Comment