Saturday, April 29, 2017

Pretty much all breakfast items mixed together

Hello all, I'm trying to think of ways to make my blog more interesting or more topics to talk about. With my crazy schedule for work.. it is hard for me to do alot of things unless I do them all on weekends. Until I find more topics I'll be sticking with just my recipes for now. That being said....

This weekend we decided to pick an item for breakfast to shake things up a bit. The recipe for us this week was a French toast casserole. Its pretty much a recipe where someone said "Lets mix a few normal breakfast items together and call it a breakfast casserole" . The best part is that the idea worked for whoever thought of it.

Heres the recipe:
The only drawback is that I didn't read the recipe completely at first and didn't see the step where you leave it in the fridge overnight. So we started it at breakfast time and finished it for dinner

Here is out adventure:


 I didn't get a picture of my oldest cutting the french bread but here is the lay out

Then she cut and peeled the apples while I tried to look important

I laid the apples on the bread.... doesnt look like much huh?

 Then I cracked a few eggs...and by a few I mean 9 and mixed it with the other ingredients

I poured the egg mix in the dish with the bread and put it in the fridge and then waited.....

 ...and waited

Fresh out of the fridge. I only kept it in there for 6 hours

I put it in the oven for an hour and then pulled it out and covered it with some powdered sugar... Its so beautiful!!!

Got all the pieces for everyone and I just had to take a photo shoot with the finished piece. 


Overall it was an extremely easy recipe. I would have taken more pictures but there wasnt much more to take pictures of.... So that leaves one thing left to do. 

Rating time!!!
Girls: 3/3 thought it was yummy. They all added maple syrup because whats french toast without maple syrup?
My rating: The biggest taste was the egg so maybe next time I should try to add more cinnamon to it. But it still was very very yummy

If anyone has ideas on other things to add to my blog then please let me know. I was thinking of maybe doing some videos but Im not sure how well that will be received by those who actually like reading my blog. Let me know you thoughts and ideas!!







No comments:

Post a Comment