Monday, March 6, 2017

This Minestrone is no phony

This weeks recipe  is one I think a lot of people would be familiar with. We chose if from the cook book I've been using for recipes for the last few weeks. As you can tell by my less than creative title that this weeks recipe was Minestrone. Since the weather has been harder to predict than the winning lottery numbers, we decided a soup would be just what we needed to shake off the cool air.


Here is our recipe:



We didn't use all the ingredients do to pickiness of my children.

Here is our adventure:

I started sizzling up some bacon because...well bacon

My Oldest helper did her usual and cut up the carrots, onions, and garlic.

All the veggies got to relax in the sauna for alittle bit

My Middle child adding the yummy broth

My youngest wanted to help...shes adding peas

Bubble bubble...ITS ALIVE!!!

Looks amazing doesn't it? Toot toot
(that was me tooting my own horn...if you didn't figure that one out)


This was a fun one because we had quite a few laughs while making it. I saw my daughters laugh as they all fought back tears from the onion cutting. My middle child was way too excited to finally add the chicken broth to the recipe. And my youngest ran in and out of the kitchen as she fought an inner battle with herself between the part of her that wanted to help with the recipe and the part that wanted to watch television. The recipe won for a few seconds when she found out that she could add the peas to the soup.

Rating time!!

My girls rating: 3/3 thought it was yummy when they added more salt. They finished their bowls and then asked for more later in the day
My rating: I thought it was delicious and had several bowls myself. But what I enjoyed more is the fun we had while making it. 

So overall this recipe was a win. Out of the whole experience, the thing I loved the most was the fun we had while making it. As time goes on we will forget what the recipes were like. We will forget the taste of the food and we will even forget about the small things we did throughout making it. One thing that we will never forget is the time we spent together and the fact that they were happy moments. When my kids grow older and they get new interests and start hanging out with friends there is one thing I know they'll know for sure. They'll know that I want them to be part of everything I do in life. Because it's really not about the recipes, its not about the taste of the food , and its not about all the small things we did throughout. Its all about showing my children that I love them.







1 comment:

  1. Love minestrone soup but I've never tried to make it myself

    ReplyDelete