Saturday, March 25, 2017

Delicious Double feature

Last weekend was kind of crazy so I failed to post our recipe from last week. It will be added to this weeks. Last weeks recipe was something I've definitely never heard of. It was Fusilli pasta with spicy tomato salsa. It is an interesting twist to any pasta I've ever tried.


Here is the recipe:

And this is was our adventure:

My oldest doing her favorite part which is playing with knives ... should I be worried?

Ingredients coming together

Pasta addition
Bubble bubble
Looks yummy yummy. Finished product.


It was a fun and interesting adventure with alot of laughs and kids going "mmm it spells so good!"

Rating time!!
My girls rating: 3/3 thought is was ok but didn't like the salsa too much.
My rating: I really enjoyed the food and the process.  The Salsa was pretty sweet from the lemon juice but it mixed well with the rest of the ingredients. I'm going to keep this recipe handy.


The second recipe is one we made this week. We decided this week we would make more of a dessert like treat to mix things up. We chose a recipe called "classic Flapjacks"

Here is the recipe:



Here is our adventure:

My oldest prepping the pan for later

My middle child adding the Demerara sugar to the pot

adding the golden syrup

Now the oats
mixture put into pan that was prepped by my oldest kiddo

Kids couldn't wait until I took the picture


They smelled soooooooo good.

Rating time!!
My girls: 3/3 thought they were "amazing" and had seconds and thirds
My rating: I think they turned out alittle gooey but tasting awesome. Definitely a treat recipe worth saving

We had so much fun making them as usual and I thank you all for reading along with our adventures. I have another crazy weekend so Ill catch you all next week for another fun adventure














No comments:

Post a Comment